Andy Lang Books

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Worldwide Links - Traffik: The Stolen Girls

Here are the direct links to Traffik. Currently listed in the wrong genre for some strange reason. Amazon say that they are dealing with the issue, so I guess it is just a matter of time before it gets moved back to Men's Adventure, rather than its current positioning in Romance. (Human trafficking and forced prostitution, hardly romantic topics!!!)



A story of modern day slavery. Four girls stolen from their homes and sold into a life of degradation and humiliation. Four very different girls who learn to respect and rely on each other as they battle for survival against the odds and a cruel, powerful enemy.

Follow spoilt and vain Jata, sensible and motherly Akinyi, sensitive but disturbed Shani and worldly Marija as they strive to regain their stolen freedom and dignity.

Editorial Review
Human trafficking must be one of the ugliest scourges of humanity, and the author's unflinching look at this abominable practice is heartbreaking, no less so because of his skill in drawing believable, likable characters. Readers who seek realism and social change will appreciate this book, and lovers of redemption stories where honest people struggle against great odds towards a well-deserved happy ending will find enjoyment in the pages. Traffik: the Stolen Girls will make you angry. It will make you cry. And then it will make you cheer. In all, this is a book well worth reading.

Reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads etc.

Really enjoyed this book. It took me on a journey with all the characters, and I actually felt that I was alongside them the whole way through. Would like to read similar material from author in future :) 

Well this was not what I expected It was better . This story is about the plight of 4 girls Mainly . How they felt with being taken in to prostitution . There survival and the long journey of there life to get home. There are No sex scene no erotica obviously sex act ars mentioned but Not described this book is not that type . BUT it is about endurance Faith hope love friendships survival . Overall it is very good story keeps your interest all the way through . I do highly recommend this book

Fantastic book makes you think for days after finishing it

An incredible insight into the world of human trafficking and forced prostitution, this book is not about sex or erotica although the subjects are discussed tastefully, it is more a story of hope, faith and determination. The book was not what I was expecting when I started reading.... but I was soon hooked.
An incredible insight into the world of human trafficking and forced prostitution, this book is not about sex or erotica although the subjects are discussed tastefully, it is more a story of hope, faith and determination. The book was not what I was expecting when I started reading.... but I was soon hooked.
An incredible insight into the world of human trafficking and forced prostitution, this book is not about sex or erotica although the subjects are discussed tastefully, it is more a story of hope, faith and determination. The book was not what I was expecting when I started reading.... but I was soon hooked.
This book is much deeper than his first with more detailed interraction between the different girls. Not wishing to add any spoiler but I have to admit as I worked my way through the book, my least favourite character at the beginning became my favourite at the end. It's frightening to know that this sort of thing is actually happening in the 21st century.

I read this authors first book and enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait for the next, this one is quite a departure from the first, it's much deeper and a little darker, and really draws you into the situations the girls find themselves in, I don't want to spoil it for everyone so I won't say any more.
Definitely 5 stars from me.
An incredible insight into the world of human trafficking and forced prostitution, this book is not about sex or erotica although the subjects are discussed tastefully, it is more a story of hope, faith and determination. The book was not what I was expecting when I started reading.... but I was soon hooked.
Barnes & Noble reviews

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment